Monday, May 28, 2012

Messy bug!

Hello, little Lilybug!

I think you have really gotten the hang of this whole self-feeding thing. I tried to feed you a little baby food for lunch today, and you tried to take the spoon out of my hand. You chattered away while I tried to shovel food in your mouth, splattering me (and the chair, and the floor, and the dog) with liquid chicken noodle soup. And this was just lunch!

So far, you have learned to feed yourself: sweet potato, broccoli, pasta with tomato sauce, avocado, banana, apple, cheerios, baby puffs, rice crackers, freeze dried yogurt... soon, when you decide to pop out a tooth or two, we will expand that list even more. I am so proud of you!

As I am writing this, you are doing your favorite thing- shouting 'DADADADADADA' at the top of your lungs, even though Dada went to go pick up lunch. I hope this name-shouting turns into closeness with your father, because this week you get to spend it all with him! Miss Kelly, your daycare provider, is on a much needed vacation, so it's Daddy-Baby time all week!

Uh oh, you've decided you need some attention. Oh, what was that? You said 'Mama' again!!

Little Lily, I love you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment