Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cuddles!



Dear Lily:
 You were a little sick yesterday. Just the standard baby stuff- runny, boogery nose, sleeping a lot, cuddly, a fever. Every time I put you down to go do something really quickly, you cried. Every time I fed you, you fell asleep after about 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure you think I must be everything- a source of food, comfort, a pillow, entertainment... I love it! I don't know how I manage to take you to daycare, sometimes. I wish I could be with you all the time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I have been thinking about your birthday party. 1 is a big number! 1 year old, in just a few short months. I want to have it Ladybug themed, with cupcakes and a smash cake and balloons and food and treats! They say that you won't remember your 1st birthday... but I will. And I will take pictures! With those pictures, I will show you how adorable you were one day in the future, perhaps when you are talking about having kids of your own.

We had to put up the babygates in the living room. With you moving around more (but not crawling... scooting, really) you have tried to eat the cord to the computer, the game controllers, a bottle of sunscreen and so much more. Everything goes in your mouth! And you pull yourself up to a standing position, laugh, and then dance with excitement. The little walker I bought for you just a few short weeks ago is no longer useful- you refuse to be in it because it doesn't let you move as much. The Johnny Jump-Up is still ok, because you like to bounce and spin. Babies go through stuff so fast!!

I love you, little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment