Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mommy Bug

Dear Little Lily,
I've been feeling under the weather lately, and the only thing that really cheers me up is your smile. You see, after giving birth to you I ended up fighting a nasty battle with Postpartum Depression and Postpartum OCD. All I ever wanted to do was protect you, help you grow, and keep you healthy. To do those things, I have to be healthy too! So I started taking medication. And today is the 5th day of not taking this medication... it's a hard road. But I want to be healthy and happy for you! The light is shining at the end of the tunnel, and I know I can do it.

I am thinking of introducing toast to you tonight. We eat lots of wheat bread in our house, and I think getting it toasted, cut up into sections and then spread with a little of your pureed baby food would be tasty. You are almost 8 months old now, eating so many things, moving around so much!

You still do not have any teeth. I am both thankful and anxious. Grandma tells me not to worry, and several of our friends had babies that didn't get teeth until 10 months and beyond, but I want to save you the pain and frustration of teeth erupting from your gums! There is nothing to be done about it, so we will just wait for that first little tooth, and celebrate it, as we have celebrated your other firsts.

I can't wait to see you when I go to pick you up from daycare. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment